Reference Number: 1073860235
Salary: £ 28K -32K
Mac Hud (Npton)
Business Services Accountant – Northampton c£28K – £32K
Opportunity for an experienced candidate with a Public Practice background dealing with the year end and management accounting requirements for owner managed businesses.
We are looking for an Outsourcing Accountant to provide general practitioner accountancy services for companies, partnerships and sole traders: management accounts, statutory accounts and related tax services. You will play a major part in the transition to Xero’s cloud based services, helping clients gain efficiencies and greater control of their finances.
- Complete sets of accounts, working from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager or principal
- Produce management accounts monthly and quarterly
- Oversee the progress of in-house bookkeeping assignments, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met, with regular progress reports being forwarded to the manager
- Provide technical advice and support to clients and staff in the use of the Xero and Sage Line 50 accounting software
- Advice on system improvements/enhancements.
- Work on a wide range of accounts
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget
- Preparation of VAT returns
Qualification and Skills
- Practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation gained from working in a practice environment.
- Knowledge of double entry and experience of manual bookkeeping
Conversant in the use of Xero, Sage Line 50, MS Word and MS Excel
- Basic tax knowledge – how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT
- Organisational/time management skills, methodical and logical thinking
- Communication – good written, verbal and active listening skills
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision but also a team player, able to build effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Willingness/flexibility to travel to clients’ premises.