Reference Number: 1411456011
Salary: £ 50K - 70K
Moore Stephens (Stevenage)
Senior Tax Manager – Stevenage – Partnership Prospects – c£50K – £70K
Are you looking to develop your tax career and take the next step towards Partnership with an ambitious and fast growing firm of Chartered Accountants?
We are recruiting for a fantastic opportunity at Senior Tax Manager level to assist the partners providing tax advisory / consultancy work to a broad range of SME clients. This is a role which requires a breadth of knowledge across all taxes but primarily in respect of personal and corporate tax. It is also a role which will combine client and staff management and an active involvement in business development as part of your progress to becoming a Partner in the firm.
Summary of the role
- Assisting the Partners in providing planning and advisory services to a broad range of SME clients in respect of personal and corporate tax and taxes which cross over.
- Establishing, maintaining and developing working relationships with clients and colleagues and assisting in general business development.
- Assist with the management and development of junior staff; the allocation of work to more junior members and ensuring they are developed effectively.
- Assist in marketing initiatives, such as the preparation of Factsheets, tendering to prospective clients etc. as required
- Maintain awareness of UK taxation developments and other relevant taxation and accountancy developments
Skills/ Experience required
- Qualified accountant with a tax background, ideally CTA, ACA or ACCA
- Strong IT skills in particular with MS office and tax software generally.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
- Aware of own personal development and prepared to take an active part in reaching set goals.