Reference Number: 2075664632
Salary: £ 32K -36K
Qualified ACA or ACCA Accounts and Audit Senior – Northampton
Expanding firm with an opportunity for a finalist or recently qualified ACA or ACCA experienced at Accounts and Audit Senior level. This is a general practice role with a modern and progressive firm offering variety and career progression and the essential post qualification experience to help with your career development.
The role offers you the opportunity to be involved areas other than audit and accounting enabling you to get involved advising businesses with their own progression and development. A fantastic opportunity to develop your post qualification skills.
Now you have qualified your career journey is now just beginning.
Overview of Accounts and Audit Senior Role
The role is a combination of being office based and out visiting clients which will require some travelling and involve the performing of audits and preparation of accounts from client’s prime records and software packages.
There will be audit work, supporting the audit manager and also leading audits, taking responsibility for junior staff, co-ordinating and reviewing their work.
The role will also involve training and assisting with the development of junior members of staff as well as reviewing some of the juniors work.
Training clients in bookkeeping and being able to interpret their accounts is an important part of the firm’s work and so confidence when dealing with clients is essential, as too are good communication skills, both written and verbal. There will be ad hoc assignments such as preparing business plans and cash flow forecasting. Depending upon the attributes of the candidate, progression to assistant manager within 12 – 24 months would be expected.
Job Specification for Accounts and Audit Senior Role
- Leading Audit assignments, taking responsibility for staff supervision and client management.
- Preparation of accounts from client’s prime records and accounting software
- Producing accounts to draft stage, including Tax Computation for Manager Review
- Involvement with project work to help clients with business development and having the opportunity to get involved with tax planning assignments.
- Assisting with “one off” jobs such as cash flow forecasts.
- Reviewing the preparation of management accounts and VAT returns.
- Training and developing junior members of staff
- Dealing with clients and assisting with training client’s in respect of their book keeping requirements
- Supporting the managers in running their portfolios.
Candidate Attributes for Accounts and Audit Senior Role
- Nearly or newly Qualified ACA or ACCA.
- Experience in dealing with client queries and liaising with clients in respect of accounting matters.
- Knowledge of Sage essential.
- Knowledge of IRIS and other software useful.
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level of integrity and commitment.
- Demonstrates enjoyment in their work.
- Supportive and reliable team member.
- Loyal and self motivated.
This Accounts and Audit Senior role is suited to a recently qualified ACA or ACCA with a General Accounting Practice background and looking for their next opportunity to develop their skills as they progress towards a management position and beyond as a part of the firm’s succession plan.
You can get the latest jobs sent straight to your inbox by subscribing on our website via this link here latest Public Practice opportunities
Oops! We could not locate your form.