Reference Number: -748658111
Salary: £ 38K - 45K ( Good work / life balance)
MacIntyre Hudson (Northampton)
We are recruiting for an experienced tax professional to join a Top 20 firm in Northampton at Assistant Tax Manager level to join their successful and growing tax team. This is a role offering exposure to advisory work on a varied and interesting client base.
We are looking for a tax professional who is either CTA, ACA or ACCA qualified specifically with corporate tax experience, gained from working in a practice role dealing with the corporate tax or mixed tax requirements for a varied portfolio of SME clients.
Manage portfolio of clients, meeting their requirements and maximising fee income
Manage the production of clients personal tax and/or corporate tax computations for own clients and Partners’ clients
Plan, control and review work carried out be team members to ensure work is completed within timeframes and budget
Respond to tax queries from Partners/Directors
Assist with billing
Carry out consultancy work when required
Attend client meetings where appropriate
Design and implement standard letters/systems to improve the efficiency of the Tax Department
Ad hoc projects/research
Assist in completing appraisals for all allocated members of staff ensuring that these are completed May and November to enable staff to be developed and in turn enhance their effectiveness
Allocate and review jobs / tasks
Ensure trainees receive training relevant to their level of ability
- Positive involvement with tax advisory work relevant to your skill level
- CTA/ACA/ ACCA qualified
- Current technical tax knowledge and specifically corporate tax experience gained from working in Practice.
- Ability to manage clients and have staff supervisory experience, both requiring good communication and organisational skills
- IT literate (Excel, Word, tax software)
- Must be a good team player with a positive approach
What is in it for you?
- Very competitive salary with career development and a genuine Work Life balance
Accredited Investor in People
New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses