Reference Number: -460185538
Salary: £ c£30K - £34K
Audit/Accounts Senior – Northampton
Fantastic opportunity to join a growing independent firm in Northampton dealing with the audit, accounting and advisory requirements for a varied range of SMEs. This is best suited to an ambitious ACA or ACCA looking for long term career progression as your skills and career develop.
- To control a portfolio of small limited companies. Detail regarding the portfolio work is as listed below.
- To work as part of a team in respect of the firm’s audit clients (will include limited away travel).
- To work on ad hoc projects (accounting and tax).
- To support the senior manager and partners with client work as needed.
- To help train, develop and supervise staff.
Control of Portfolio
- Ensure work completed in a timely manner
- Ensure all deadlines met
- To book out junior staff to assist with work as appropriate
- Ensure all communications replied to promptly. To include letters, emails and phone calls
- Ensure all WIP billed at the earliest time. Review all WIP monthly for ongoing jobs and interim WIP
- Meeting the clients to review and discuss accounts and other advice as necessary.
- To advise on commercial and taxation planning (on the job training and external courses will aid the development of this skill).
Package and Benefits
- Salary: Market salary depending on experience
- Holiday: 4 weeks, plus bank holidays, plus additional time off at Christmas (although this is subject to the discretion of the partners)
- Fully funded staff canteen and staff room
- Medical Health Insurance
- Comprehensive external training package
- Extensive Internal on the job training
- Discretionary bonuses are paid to staff for overall contribution to the firm, initiative and hard work.
- The candidate will most likely be a qualified ACA or ACCA.
- Must have strong audit AND accountancy experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage own workload
- Good IT skills (Sage, Word and Excel essential, Iris desirable)
- Good telephone manner
- Sense of Humour
- Car owner and driver
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Supportive and reliable team member
- Flexible and adaptable through organisation growth
- Resilient and positive through change
- Loyal and self motivated
- Displays integrity and commitment