Audit / Accounts Senior – Bedford Up to £45K
An established local Practice offering an opportunity for an ambitious ACA or ACCA qualified with a Public Practice background dealing with the audit, accounts and tax requirements for Owner Managed Businesses.
You will have responsibility for managing clients and staff and be involved in the firm’s business development.
Audit / Accounts Senior Role
The role is varied combining audit, accountancy, tax compliance and management accounts. The audit element will be c40% and does require experience assisting on or managing audit assignments. You will be part of a team so must enjoy working in a team environment and dealing with clients directly, which will also require you to have good communication skills and to be confident in dealing with people.
- Leading audits, including liaising with clients at their premises. Audit is a major part of the role, reporting to the Audit Manager.
- Assisting with/managing all aspects and stages of an audit, from planning through to finalisation ready for Partner review.
- Assisting the Practice in the development and enhancement of the audit department.
- Preparation of year-end statutory financial statements for clients of various types and sizes.
- Assisting clients with their queries regarding bookkeeping procedures, accounts information, audit processes, internal systems and controls, etc.
- Assisting Directors and client managers with ad hoc accounting/tax projects as required.
- Dealing with relevant taxation aspects of clients.
- Helping to train/advise junior members of staff as required.
The firm is going through a period of transition and enjoys an excellent reputation in the business community offering a high profile quality service to clients. There is an opportunity to progress within the firm as part of the long term succession plan and you will be encouraged to develop your skills as you become a business adviser to a varied range of owner managed businesses.
Applicants must have Public Practice experience dealing with audit and accountancy requirements for clients so please bear that in mind when applying.
If you are interested in securing this varied Audit and Accounts Senior position with a friendly independent firm of accountants, please contact us at Wavelength so we can discuss further.
Contact us at Wavelength
If you are generally thinking about a change in your career and have accounting, audit or tax experience gained from working for a professional firm of accountants, get in touch contact us at Wavelength today at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can book you in for an initial telephone / video consultation.
You can also get the latest jobs sent straight to your inbox by subscribing on our website via this link here latest Public Practice opportunities