Reference Number: -868835724
Salary: £ 45K - 55K
MacIntyre Hudson (MK)
Audit Manager – Milton Keynes with Partnership prospects
We are recruiting for a talented Audit Manager to join a Top 20 firm as part of the firm’s succession planning in Milton Keynes to manage a portfolio of clients across sectors including law, manufacturing & engineering and motor. You’ll relish leading others, as coaching and developing the audit team will be a key part of your responsibilities.
This could suit an Assistant Manager looking for their next step to Audit Manager.
Summary of Responsibilities
Manage a portfolio of commercial clients, delivering audit services to the firm’s standards and in line with the firm’s audit approach.
Audit Team Management
- An exceptional candidate with a strong track record in audit working with owner managed businesses.
- You need to have a mix of technical competence, relationship building skills, strong coaching abilities, project management experience, and a commercial mindset to seek out further opportunities within the portfolio.
- It’s essential that you are a fully qualified ACA / ACCA with at least 18 months of post qualification experience gained in a practice environment.
You will also have:
- Demonstrable up to date technical and accounting knowledge to include FRS102
- Experience acting for a range (size and nature) of owner managed businesses
- Knowledge of CaseWare Audit or other computer-based auditing package an advantage (but not essential)
- Management / supervisory experience – the ability to motivate, delegate effectively, develop team members and be a strong leader
- The ability to understand and deliver against client needs time and time again
- Great communication skills; the ability to deal with variety of people in different environments and at all levels
- Strong organisational skills; the ability to juggle a number of different tasks at once; effective prioritising.
What is in it for you?
- Progression to Partnership but maintaining a genuine Work Life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays, plus the opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
- Very competitive salary
- Employee Recognition awards and bonuses