Reference Number: 358593607
Salary: £ 25K - 28K
MacIntyre Hudson (P'boro)
Business Services Accountant – Peterborough c£25K – £28K
Opportunity for an experienced candidate with a Public Practice background dealing with the year end and management accounting requirements for owner managed businesses.
We are looking for an Outsourcing Accountant to provide general practitioner accountancy services for companies, partnerships and sole traders: management accounts, statutory accounts and related tax services. You will play a major part in the transition to Xero’s cloud based services, helping clients gain efficiencies and greater control of their finances.
The preparation of management accounts, including posting to Xero, Sage Line 50, or equivalent software, from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met
Work on a wide range of statutory accounts and bookkeeping assignments
Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget and time is fully utilised
Billing (where appropriate)
Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded
Provide technical advice and support to clients and staff in the use of the Sage Line 50 and other accounting software.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- AAT level 4 qualified or qualified by experience
- Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment
- Strong double entry bookkeeping knowledge and skill
- Good working knowledge of Xero, Sage and other accounting software packages
- Proven experience and knowledge of preparing VAT returns
- Basic tax knowledge – how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Organisational/time management skills
- Communication – demonstrable written, verbal and active listening skills
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across
- Methodical and logical thinking
- Use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions.