Reference Number: 1953106514
Salary: £ c25K - 28K
MacIntyre Hudson (MK)
Business Services Accountant – Milton Keynes c£25K – £28K
Opportunity for an experienced candidate with a Public Practice background dealing with the year end and management accounting requirements for owner managed businesses.
We are looking for an Outsourcing Accountant to provide general practitioner accountancy services for companies, partnerships and sole traders: management accounts, statutory accounts and related tax services. You will play a major part in the transition to Xero’s cloud based services, helping clients gain efficiencies and greater control of their finances.
Summary of responsibilities
Prepare management accounts from information and documentation received from clients, ensuring that all relevant deadlines are met.
Provide advice and recommendations to clients in relation to financial reporting matters. Complete each assignment as far as possible before passing to the manager for review.
- It is anticipated that 3 days a week will be spent out at clients.
- Undertake bookkeeping for a variety of clients as allocated by the line manager inputting data and processing payments as required
- Maintain a full and accurate audit trail by filing and referencing documents in a timely manner
- Advise line manager of any outstanding issues
- Complete VAT returns for allocated clients
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards from books and records.
- Prepare sufficient accounting schedules to support the balances and transactions included in the financial statements.
- Draft corporation taxation computations and deferred tax calculations for review by the tax manager
- Adhere to proper accounting standards
- Meet deadlines and time budgets.
- Develop and maintain good client relations
- Liaise with clients directly or through relevant manager to resolve queries or obtain further information
- Ensure a high level of service to meet clients expectations
- Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded
- Make timely and relevant recommendations in relation to accounting matters, financial reporting and accounting systems in use (including software).
- Two years general practice experience with demonstrable knowledge of producing management accounts and completing VAT returns
- Knowledge of cloud based accounting systems such as Xero preferred
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook and Excel, to an intermediate level, for the production of letters and spreadsheet
- Carrying out tasks with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to operate strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities
- Ability to work under own initiative and keep calm under pressure.