Reference Number: 1099859151
Salary: £ 38k-45k
Junior Manager / Senior Accountant – Northampton.
We are recruiting for an ambitious ACA / ACCA Senior Accountant to join this fast growing and ambitious independent firm. This opportunity offers considerable career development and progression managing a varied client portfolio.
Our client is a progressive and friendly chartered accountancy practice. They have an excellent local reputation for providing a high quality personal service and sound commercial advice to SMEs.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio for the organisation of work, overseeing all the compliance work, supervising junior staff, reviewing their work and handling client meetings.
Responsibility for the training of staff is an integral part of the continued development and growth of the firm. Your responsibilities will also include all aspects of the work the firm provides for their clients, for example they don’t have a separate tax department, and training will be provided as appropriate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all compliance aspects for own portfolio of clients
- Responsible for managing workflow
- Managing the day to day client relationships and handling day to day queries efficiently
- Responsible for training of junior staff, including appraisal of work
- Responsible for the efficient functioning of compliance work in general
- Developing abilities in more complex areas of tax & other client matters
- Responsibility for the achievement of work within budget, able to discuss fees with clients
- Able to communicate effectively with Partners & juniors as appropriate
- Able to problem solve and find quick solutions to problems
- Demonstrate good commercial skills in negotiating fees with clients and in decision making on jobs
- Working with other seniors as a team to improve the practice generally
- Taking responsibility for the ongoing management of clients, workflow, supervision, training, the compliance function
- Qualified ACA or ACCA
- Experience as a manager in a firm of accountants looking after a portfolio of clients
- Experience of building new and existing client relationships
The Partners pride themselves on providing a highly efficient and commercial service to clients, being pro-active and always looking for ways to help clients. You will play a leading role in the provision of that level of service and be encouraged to progress your career.
The successful applicant will have a positive attitude and a friendly, approachable manner. You will have good organisational skills, an ability to learn quickly and work well in a team.
What is on offer for the right person is the opportunity to work in a great environment with fun, hard working people who share the desire to contribute in taking the business forward.
The Partners are ambitious and the firm is experiencing considerable growth. There is no shortage of opportunity to progress and they want to build the business by recruiting high quality individuals.
Salary will depend on experience and ability but expected to be c£38K – £45K.
You can get the latest jobs sent straight to your inbox by subscribing on our website via this link here latest Public Practice opportunities
Oops! We could not locate your form.