Qualified ACA or ACCA Senior Accountant – Northampton
Now you have qualified your career journey is now really just beginning!
Opportunity to develop your post qualification experience for a qualified ACA or ACCA experienced at Senior Accountant level. This is a general practice role with a modern and progressive firm offering variety and flexible working.
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary based on experience and skill set
- Private medical insurance (after 6m probation)
- Free parking at the office
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- CPD webinars to meet continuing qualification requirements
- Flexible working arrangements – in terms of both hours and hybrid working
- Office close down over Christmas week
Overview of Senior Accountant Role
The role is a combination of being office based and out visiting clients which will require taking responsibility for junior staff, co-ordinating and reviewing their work.
The role will also involve training and assisting with the development of junior members of staff.
Training clients in bookkeeping and being able to interpret their accounts is an important part of the firm’s work and so confidence when dealing with clients is essential, as too are good communication skills, both written and verbal. There will be ad hoc assignments such as preparing business plans and cash flow forecasting and training will be provided where required.
Job Specification for Senior Accountant Role
- Managing small client portfolio.
- Preparation of accounts from client’s prime records and accounting software requiring strong accounting knowledge, specifically FRS102 1A
- Producing accounts to draft stage, including Tax Computation for Manager Review
- Involvement with project work to help clients with business development and having the opportunity to get involved with tax planning assignments.
- Providing clients with management information such as cash flow forecasting.
- Reviewing the preparation of management accounts and VAT returns.
- Training and developing junior members of staff
- Dealing with clients and assisting with training client’s in respect of their book keeping requirements
- Supporting the managers in running their portfolios.
Candidate Attributes for Senior Accountant Role
- Qualified ACA or ACCA.
- Experience in dealing with client queries and liaising with clients in respect of accounting matters.
- Good working experience of accounting software (ideally IRIS and Xero)
- Excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Enthusiastic about client service.
- Supportive and reliable team member.
- Loyal and self motivated.
This Senior Accountant role is suited to a qualified ACA or ACCA with a General Accounting Practice background.
Contact us at Wavelength now!
Please contact us at Wavelength to discuss further if you have the right background, qualification and experience required for this Audit & Accounts Senior position and you are ambitious to develop your career.
If you are generally thinking about a change in your career and have accounting, audit or tax experience gained from working for a professional firm of accountants, get in touch contact us at Wavelength today at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can book you in for an initial telephone / video consultation.
You can also get the latest jobs sent straight to your inbox by subscribing on our website via this link here latest Public Practice opportunities