Senior Accountant and Auditor – Career prospects Northants c£45K
As part of our client’s expansion plan we are recruiting for an ACA or ACCA with a mixed audit and accountancy background. The successful applicant will have come from an independent firm background rather than the Big 4. We need someone who can prepare statutory accounts rather than just having audited them.
There are prospects for progression to Manager and further down the line there will be a partnership opportunity.
Summary of role and requirements
- Working closely with the audit partner you will be involved in the planning, performing and review of audits. The client base is varied in terms of type, size and structure and requires experience in dealing directly with clients at all levels.
- In time you will start to take direct control of the audit clients as the partner assumes greater responsibility in other areas within the firm.
- You will be technically capable when dealing with more complex issues but also be prepared to roll up your sleeves to deal with more routine work; to assist in meeting client deadlines.
- The role will be split roughly 60% audit and 40% accounts / tax.
- A basic understanding of corporate and personal tax issues is important and an interest to develop these skills would be appealing.
- Experience in managing staff and the ability to multi-task when managing assignments is essential.
This is small, busy and friendly independent firm making plans for succession with the firm and offers career progression for the right person.
The role will suit an ambitious ACA or ACCA with a practice background and experience in dealing with the audit, accounts and tax related matters for owner managed businesses.
If this Senior Accountant and Auditor opportunity sounds like it could be right for you, please contact us at Wavelength and send us your CV so we can consider your application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Contact us now!
You can get the latest jobs sent straight to your inbox by subscribing on our website via this link here latest Public Practice opportunities
If you are generally thinking about a change in your career and have accounting, audit or tax experience gained from working for a professional firm of accountants, get in touch contact us at Wavelength today at email@example.com and we can book you in for an initial telephone / video consultation.