Reference Number: 437935389
Salary: £ c£50K
Senior Audit and Accounts Manager – Northampton
An outstanding career opportunity for an ACA/ACCA qualified with experience in audit and accountancy managing the requirements for varied client portfolio of SMEs. As part of the firm’s succession planning there are opportunities to progress and develop your career further.
- Responsible for approximately 20 audits per annum, including solicitors and not for profit organisations
- Organising staff and timetables for efficient completion of audits
- Liaising with engagement partner/audit consultant regarding audit progress
- Monitor costs and billing
- Reviewing client affairs to ensure the firm provides a value added service
- Overall control of accounts department, controlling a team of 6-10 staff. Ensuring all deadlines met.
- Review of certain monthly and quarterly management accounts, VAT returns for clients and discussion with the client.
- Assist with professional training and technical development of ACA trainees
- Preparation of business plans and cash flow forecasts
- Ad hoc accounting work as required
- Ad hoc commercial planning as required
- Review of corporation tax computations
- Ensuring all deadlines met and clients advised of tax payments due
- Reviewing WIP/billing. Looking at efficiency and productivity of the office in conjunction with Directors.
- Ensure overall smooth running of the office and report to Directors monthly.
- Highly motivated and extremely organised a team player
- Keen to succeed and to progress career
- Must be technically able, commercially aware and be able to think laterally
- Must have proven ability in management
- Starting salary up to £50,000 per annum
- In house and external training programme
- Support to develop career and encouraged to achieve RI status within 18 months
- Opportunity to progress to Associate/Partner within 2-3 years