Reference Number: 1261250542
Salary: £ c40K - 60K
MacIntyre Hudson (Bedford)
Senior Tax Advisor – Bedford
Opportunity for a CTA qualified or ACA / ACCA qualified with a mixed tax background to join an outstanding firm offering long term career progression.
Summary of the role
- Provide a mix of tax advisory and consultancy services assisting the Tax Principal in servicing existing clients and also in the generation of new client and consultancy work.
- Portfolio management to ensure that work performed by team members is completed within timeframes and budget.
- Take an active lead in providing consultancy work to your own portfolio.
- Responsible for the billing of your own and the Tax Principal’s portfolio.
- Staff management to ensure that team members are working effectively, being trained in all areas to include advisory work and to take an active part in the staff appraisal process.
- CTA qualified or ACA / ACCA qualified with a tax background.
- A mix of tax experience in respect of corporate and personal tax and a general understanding of audit and accountancy issues.
- Tax advisory experience together with problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience in negotiating and influencing with the ability to manage change.
- People management skills to include being an effective communicator and being calm and effective under pressure.
- IT literate with experience using Excel, Tax Software and Word. A challenging role for a Tax Professional looking to use their range of tax consultancy and advisory skills and the opportunity to progress your career within the firm.There is flexibility in the level of position being recruited for and can be more recently qualified up to Senior Manager with significant PQE. It is as much about enthusiasm and ambition to progress as experience but you must have a level of advisory experience already and this is why the salary range is quite broad.